Distractions

Long time no post. I suppose that's a side effect of a job you really don't like and sucks all your energy out of you. :P Also I've not been playing lotro all that much recently. I've still been logging in to do my daily Rift skirmish...only 12 more to go! I think I've found myself burned out on solo lotro. I suppose a break is good though. It helps you to enjoy the game even more again when you return to it. I'm looking forward to the new content though it's going to suck that I'll be working! ^^

So lately my main diversion has been Titan Quest. A good friend suggested we play it so we have been. I've been leveling up a Pyromancer. Oh the surprise! I'm playing a caster who throws around aoe fire! :D Here she is with her Core Dweller pet. I named him Bert. He's awesome!

I've been enjoying actually having to aim my attacks as well as being able to dodge mobs' attacks. It's always annoyed me in lotro when you can't dodge wight puke. :/ It's pretty important that I do dodge attacks or otherwise I go SQUISH! very quickly! Also Titan Quest is actually quite nice looking and my class's skills are super flashy. I have one that can one shot a whole group of mobs. Good times!

I wasn't much of a gamer before lotro, so this is my first experience with spending points in different skills and stats. You can choose your masteries and which skills you want to level up. Much different than hitting a level and buying a skill from a trainer.

With Titan Quest, the only issue this creates is that in order to maximise your damage you really need to focus all your points into certain skills. So you're left with not that many skills. I am missing being able to use multiple skills. But all in all, it's been fun. :)

Also I've been *very* slowly playing through Assassin's Creed 2. It's a super pretty game...as well as the main character. :P It has great atmosphere and I'm enjoying it... except for when I accidentally go leaping off buildings... which I do *a lot*. :P

I do highly recommend the game though. Awesome scenery and music, a great storyline, cool combat and getting to run around a hot Italian guy. What's not to like? :D

2 comments:

Breggie 13 March 2011 at 22:57  

have playes Assasins Creed 1,2 and brotherhood on xbox, and i looove them! :D

JamesB 25 March 2011 at 05:23  

Bert looks awesome - shame you can't bring him into LoTRO :P